The Institute of Creative Advertising and Design (ICAD), currently in its 65th year, is
a non-profit, membership-led organisation based in Ireland that promotes and
supports excellence in the Irish creative industry. ICAD offers a range of programs,
learning and networking opportunities, and awards events to its members, which
include advertising, design, and production professionals, students, and educators.
As an industry body, our mandate is to foster, promote and reward creative
excellence in Ireland. Through its renowned annual awards program and events,
ICAD seeks to celebrate and showcase the best of Irish creativity, foster the next
generation of creative talent, and position Ireland as a hub of creative excellence
on the international stage.
The Executive Director will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of the
Institute, managing operations, and ICAD’s main programs. The Executive Director
will be expected to ensure the effective delivery of the annual ICAD Awards program
and its associated events, as well as developing effective partnerships to support
ICAD’s funding and promotion through all forms of media.
● Proven leadership capabilities and clear ambition.
● Highly self-motivated
● Ability to work both autonomously and within a board structure.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Strong financial acumen and budgetary management skills.
● Excellent planning and project management skills.
● Ability to drive fundraising efforts and build effective partnerships.
● Strong work ethic, initiative, and commitment to setting and achieving goals.
● Good knowledge of the not-for-profit sector in Ireland and/or previous board
● Manage the day-to-day operations of ICAD, ensuring effective delivery of the
institute’s programs and events.
● Develop and maintain effective partnerships and sponsorship agreements to
support ICAD’s funding, promotion, and impact.
● Scope out the year and plan ahead for busy periods when additional hired
support is needed.
● Liaise with the treasurer, executive board, and accountants to keep up-to-date
on company finances.
● Lead various teams, dividing workload out between ICAD Executive,
The management board and various program committees.
● Relate with other industry, government and educational bodies and stay on
the pulse with what’s happening within the creative industry as a whole.
● Build and maintain strong relationships with ICAD members and key
individuals across Irish creative agencies, design studios, and production
● Report effectively to ICAD’s executive board.
Conditions of employment:
● Full-time position.
● Hybrid role.
● Flexible working hours and self-management of work schedule.
● Base salary of €55k – €75k (subject to experience)
● Statutory annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
● Opportunities for continuous professional development.
Please send an email application attached with a cover letter and CV to:
[email protected] by 9th June 2023